Tuesday, September 4, 2012

More old movies

We have had a few more of the old family 16 mm films converted into digital form. I'm expecting the DVDs any day in the mail, but while I'm waiting, the DVD man in Pretoria sent me some stills.

1. Who on earth is the woman and the baby in the top picture?
2. I bet this was the flight to Inhaca (an island in the Mozambique Channel, for anyone of a younger generation). How gloriously small! And how eager we look to get on board!
3. Bridesmaids at Bev's wedding. Aren't we gorgeous?
4. Who are these other children with us -- Tim and Angie Nash? Or Mark and Paul Sater?
5. Heidi and I, with Mom, in our little red dressing-gowns. I want one now.
6. I remember that box, that hill in our garden and that dry golden Jo'burg winter lawn.


7. My second birthday. Who do those bikinis belong to? Is this five-year-old Heidi?
8. Heidi and me in very elegant suits. Heidi in pearls. Did our Grandma Tina make these suits for us?
9. Fairies. Of course.
10. That's Heidi on the left of the picture, on her way to school at Bryanston Primary. Lovely school hats. Who is her taller companion?
11. Mom, Heidi and me in Grindelwald, Switzerland, October 1965.
12. Mom, Heidi and me in London, October 1965.


Once I receive the DVDs and see the pictures in context, I might be able to answer some of my questions. Until then, guesses from family members welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word - some real blasts from the very distant past!

    Were'nt we the sweetest little children?

    ReplyDelete