Sunday, March 11, 2012

Phillip Island Classic Cars

On Saturday my friend Vin and I trundled off in my Peugeot to the Phillip Island Classic Car racing meet. The day was cloudy, but thankfully the rain stayed away. This annual race meet is well known across the world, and last year the Porsche Company sent three very rare Porsches specially for the event.

As this is your blog, Marcel, I have firstly included a pic of a 1972 Porsche 2.2T, which would be very similar to the one you owned way back.


The next pic is a yellow 1972 Porsche 2.2S, which races against 60s and 70s muscle cars, i.e Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Pontiacs and the like. This a 'giant killer' of a car, as it comes 4th in a heat of 20+ cars, with its tiny engine.


Following on the Porsche theme comes the always good looking BMW 635i. This is a famous Aussie car raced by Bob Jane, who was a very successful racing driver. Do you remember taking me on the highway with your silver 635i when we hit 200 km/h, Marcel? Very exciting it was!


One of the oustanding cars at the meet was this Lancia Stratos, which has a V6 Ferrari motor, and won various world rally comps in its time. This car is one of Luke's and my all time favourite cars. What do you reckon?


So there you go. As soon as I win the lottery, we are going to be there. Hold thumbs for us!
Until next time, S.

No comments:

Post a Comment