Friday, June 29, 2012

Little Liesel

Heidi was reminiscing about her miniature dachshund Liesel, so it seemed timely to publish these bits of memorabilia.

First we have Liesel's registration papers. In 1966 it cost R1 to register her with the Kennel Union.


Funnily enough there were only two photos I could find in Mom's collection. (I remember a photo of puppy Liesel with a carrot that was almost as big as she was ... but sadly that photo has gone.) Here are Liesel and me, probably in about 1966.


Secondly we have Dad, me, Grandma Tina (Dad's mother) and Heidi. And Liesel, of course. I've estimated this as 1974. (Thoughts on the date?) Remember that swing bench in the background?


PS While we are on the subject of dachshunds, have you heard about Dachshunds for World Peace? The Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney staged an event where dachshunds participated in their own Dachshund United NationsOne of my colleagues has a dachshund called Lucy, who featured as Chair-dog on the day. (Lucy is the one with the woollen coat.) Apparently other countries have also staged their own Dachshunds for World Peace events. Who knew that Dachshunds were such important dogs ...?!

2 comments:

  1. I dont know who is more endearing - little Liesel or Julie in her night gown and pom pom slippers!?

    ReplyDelete